Immigration Form Preparation in Charles Town, WV

Immigration Form Assistance at the Law Office of Robin Skinner Prinz

Robin Skinner Prinz, Attorney at Law, in Charles Town, WV can help you with immigration form preparation. Ms. Prinz is able to assist clients as they complete and transmit citizenship and residency forms. While she does not litigate these cases, Ms. Prinz will meet with you to collect all necessary documentation and complete all forms correctly to simplify the process as best as she can. Ms. Prinz has worked as a temporary immigration judge in the past, and has knowledge of the laws and citizenship process. Contact us today to see how she can help you!

When is it Time to Apply for Citizenship?

If you are at least 18 years of age and have been living in the United States with a permanent residence card for the required five years, then you may be eligible to apply for citizenship. If you have been married to a U.S. citizen and living in the U.S. for three years, then you may be eligible at the end of those three years to apply for citizenship. While there are some exceptions to these rules, if you think you are eligible to apply for citizenship, then call our office at 304-728-2012 to go over your options. Applying for citizenship may be a long, tiring process, but The Law Office of Robin Skinner Prinz, PLLC will help you understand the forms you are filing, and will work with you to correctly complete your application and submit all the required documentation to accompany your application.

What is the Difference Between Citizenship and Residency?

Applying for United States citizenship and residency are two very different things. Gaining lawful permanent residency allows you to work and live in the country legally. You may also petition to have close relatives become permanent residents with you. When you are a lawful permanent resident, however, you are still considered a citizen of your home country. As a lawful permanent resident, you cannot vote in the US, and international travel can be more difficult. Becoming a citizen means that you may apply for a passport, vote, travel outside the country, and sponsor family members to immigrate to the U.S. If you want to apply for residency or citizenship but are not sure where to begin, contact The Law Office of Robin Skinner Prinz, PLLC today.